Wednesday, 12 November 2014

So, like, I've been thinkin'...

So, like, I've been thinkin' about this whole Big Ears Teddy Scandal -

You know - Jian?  Turning into a monster before our very eyes? A monster so hideous that not even Jian could "bear" for his beloved teddy to witness? Well, it just sucks.  It sucks for the women who are afraid to charge him.  It sucks for the women who aren't afraid to charge him.  It sucks for the hard working staff at Q who find themselves being called out on the behaviour of the face of their brand.  And all the way down at the very end of the sucking line, it sucks for me, too.

I hate that I find myself missing the voice of a douchebag who was so often chatting away in the background while I sipped coffee and did my crossword.  I enjoyed Jian's interviews.  I liked his awkward charm.  And it sucks that now when I hear his voice, I just hear a conman who can charm by consciously mimicking an interviewee's inflections. (He admitted it in an interview!  The master manipulator makes a massive mistake and admits to being who he needs to be to make you trust and confide in him, the cunning little monkey fawner...).  But maybe, just maybe, the silver lining is in that there is a long over due conversation that is erupting all over the internet.  A conversation that lets victims know that there is a community of supporters out there who are willing to protect them from the trolls.  And a conversation that is again teaching people what is an unacceptable way to treat others.  As a species we are pretty dang stupid, but I believe we can learn.  And I believe, nay - I have to believe, there is someone better to take on Q than Stewart McLean, bless his heart and may Dave & Morley live a ling happy life, but please God, keep Stewart on Sunday afternoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66lyy9QaUa4

No comments:

Post a Comment